Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm so tired...


of feeling tired and fat and gross and hiding behind other people of big fat snowmen in pictures...I'll stop there. That's depressing enough. They say the 30's are the new 20's. If that's the case then I want to look like I'm in my 20's! Or better even! I know how to make it happen. Eat right and exercise. Blah, blah, blah. Every body jumps on the wagon at the beginning of a new year. But why not make it interesting? I figure a challenge might help keep me on track or help me to stick with a new workout and diet regime.

My first challenge will be to complete a detox program. The first 2 weeks will consist of eating only certain foods. Basically I'll be cutting out everything except fresh fruits and vegetables, and lean organic protein. The toughest part will be not enjoying a drink with friends, I'm sure. Oh, and I'm not ready to cut out coffee yet. It says to switch to green tea but that stuff makes me nauseous. I figure God made coffee beans so how bad can they be? And I'll limit it to 1 cup per day.

In addition to doing the detox diet, I will begin training for the Country Music Half Marathon in Nashville in April. Anybody want to join me?


2 comments:

Angy said...

You go big sis! (And you still look 20)

Kembree said...

you can do it...start 2moro :) You Julie and Winter need to lean on eachother and reach your goal, set them small and get there each month!