Friday, January 8, 2010

At least I started training for the half marathon...

although I haven't really started the whole detox thing. I have been trying to eat better, though. Last night two friends and I decided to see who could drop 10 pounds the fastest. Losers treat winner to a mani pedi. We begin Monday, so I figure I'll save the detox for next week and hopefully win the contest! I found a really sensible week long detox plan in the February issue of Body + Soul. The first 3 days I will focus on eating whole grains, fruits, vegetables, fish , and chicken. I must avoid dairy, sugar, fried and processed foods. The 4 days after that will mainly be a juice fast. Breakfast and dinner will be juices, but lunch will be vegetables and a lean, clean protein.


My half marathon training will have to consist of leisurely walking and stretching for the 4 juice fast days. So I'll have to train pretty hard the first part of next week. So far I'm right on track with the training. Been throwing in some weights too. Feel pretty good so far!



http://www.wholeliving.com/photogallery/

No comments: